Dropbase is a data platform that empowers teams to streamline and automate repetitive data cleaning workflows collaboratively. With Dropbase, data teams can turn CSVs, Excel, and online data sources such as Salesforce and Shopify into analytics databases instantly.
Here is what they say about the company and about the role:
At Dropbase, we are changing the way people move, process, and manage data across organizations and within teams. The world’s data is trapped offline through CSV, Excel, and incompatible data formats. Our mission is to make this data more useful by bringing it online.
Dropbase is backed by Y Combinator.
As an early engineering recruit, you’ll get a lot of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership. You will get challenging problems to solve with lots of context and guidance. We’re an early stage startup and you’ll be working directly with the founders, helping define vision, system architecture, and product. Join us to be part of the core engineering team we’re building.
Who You Are:
You take initiative and prioritize the work that adds the most value to the company. You work with urgency, have great focus, take ownership, and get things done. You are constantly learning and always improving.
You strive for excellence. You care deeply about building great products, our customers, and our company. You appreciate giving and receiving critical feedback because it helps teams grow. You communicate with clarity and high insight density. You constantly bring up new ideas and speak up when you believe things can be improved.
About the role:
As a Backend Engineer, you will work with the founders, alongside full-stack and frontend engineers. You will develop a highly-scalable and secure backend and infrastructure to allow Dropbase to handle a large number of users and data.
Besides working on the codebase and infrastructure, you will play a key role in product direction and setting up the right processes to help the product scale.
What you will do:
- Backend application development
- Build features, design and implement APIs
- Planning, scaling, and deploying software cloud infrastructure
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve codebase
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure
- Proficiency with Python and Flask
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience designing REST APIs
- You write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Experience designing scalable systems
- Ability to readily and quickly learn most technologies on-the-go
- Ability to thrive in an fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Verbal and written English fluency
Nice to have:
- Experience using Pandas, Numpy and Jupyter Notebook (or Colab)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with WebAssembly, Go, and Rust
To be eligible to apply for this position through Startuplifers you must be currently studying towards a degree or have graduated from a Finnish or a Swedish university or university of applied sciences.
Send your application by January 28th, 2022.
Startuplifers is a non-profit organization connecting the top Nordic talent with some of the best startups on the globe. We provide you a supportive community, making your transition to remote work seamless and fun. Together, we will secure the job of your dreams.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.