Type: Fixed-term, 4-5 months
Work hours: Full-time
Location: Tesi, Porkkalankatu 1, 00180 Helsinki
Starting date: in August or latest in the beginning of September
Salary: €2 950 + benefits
Application deadline: 31.1.2023
Tesi is now looking for an analytical Trainee to join their development team! The traineeship will start in August or latest in the beginning of September depending on your situation and it is a full-time, fixed term position (4-5 months).
The strategy and development team of seven works on Tesi’s company strategy, key development projects, internal and external market analysis as well as data and analytics for the purpose of decision making. As a trainee, you will be supporting the development team in conducting market analysis, creating presentations to be published based on the analysis and preparing material and analysis for a strategy process. One of your responsibilities will be the execution of Tesi’s Growth Company Pulse Survey: “Kasvuyrityspulssi”. You will get to plan the questionnaire, analyze and visualize data and gather all the findings, draw the conclusions and create an appealing presentation to be published. You can read more about the previous survey here: (https://www.tesi.fi/en/news-item/tesis-growth-company-pulse-survey-inflation-and-supply-chain-disruptions-hit-profitability/). In this role you will be closely collaborating with colleagues from other teams as well as with external stakeholders. You can also participate in the sector specific private equity and venture capital analysis by using excel and BI-tools as well as prepare different kinds of workshop materials.
This is how Sanni Virtanen, Tesi’s Strategy and Development Manager, describes working in the development team: “In my work I get to lead strategic projects that have a central role in developing Tesi’s operations. It is motivating to see that the work we carry out at Tesi’s development team has a broader societal impact when it comes to questions such as sustainability on private equity market.”
You can familiarize yourself with Tesi’s market reports here: https://www.tesi.fi/en/news/reports/.
At Tesi, we help Finnish growth companies to succeed. In addition, we develop and serve the entire Finnish venture capital and private equity market. With us, you will operate responsibly while aiming for a positive social impact, profitable investments, and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, and we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who can bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our team.
Read more about our previous trainee stories here: https://www.tesi.fi/artikkeli/traineena-paaomasijoittamisen-maailmassa-erik-holmberg/ and here https://www.tesi.fi/artikkeli/traineena-paaomasijoittamisen-maailmassa-osa-4-klaus-majanen/.
– Relevant university degree or you are finalizing your studies for example in (but not limited to) business, finance, accounting, analytics, technology, or similar fields
– Some relevant work experience (e.g. from summer job) that has included analytics
– Motivation to work with data and ability to turn data analysis into meaningful outcomes for the target audience
– Independent and accurate working style
– Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge on BI-tools are seen as an advantage
– Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
We offer you
– Possibility to work across the organization with different investment teams and excellent opportunity to understand private equity market dynamics first hand
– Challenging and versatile projects from day one – You get to work with proprietary data that contains unique information about Finnish companies and analyze the development
– Opportunity to deepen your analysis skills and work with large data sets. — You get to do modern analysis and visualizations with Tableau
– Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career. Our trainee alumni have gone to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including start-ups, private equity funds, and management consulting companies or continued their career at Tesi
– Supportive and professional colleagues who boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas. The atmosphere is truly low hierarchical and the culture is very open and talkative
– Monthly salary of €2950 with comprehensive occupational health services as well as sports, culture, and lunch benefits. We support our employees’ well-being and cherish a good work-life balance
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records at the latest 31st of January via aTalent application system: https://emp.jobylon.com/applications/jobs/166289/create/. In this position, you will be directly employed by Tesi.
Join us for breakfast on the 27th of January 9.00 at Lapland Hotels Bulevardi and hear more about Tesi and our Trainee programme. Apply for the event here: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/Rekrytointitapahtuma_5826.
For more information about the Trainee position, please contact Tesi’s Strategy and Development Manager Sanni Virtanen (+358505531312) on Friday 20.1. at 9-10 or Wednesday 25.1. at 15-16.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Tuomas Pihnala (+358 40 7663938, tuomas.pihnala(at)atalent.fi) at the following times: Friday 20.1. at 12-13 or Tuesday 24.1. at 10:00-11:00.
Timetable for this recruitment process:
Wednesday 11.1: Application period starts
Tuesday 31.1: Application period ends
Week 5 and 6: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
Monday 13.2. and Tuesday 14.2.: Personal interviews with Tesi
February: Decisions and employment contract
September 2023: Start date
Tesi wants to raise Finland to the forefront of transformative economic growth. We develop the market, and work for the success of Finnish growth companies. We invest in private equity and venture capital funds and directly in growth companies. We provide long-running support, reasoned insights, patient capital, and skilled ownership. tesi.fi | Twitter | LinkedIn | Newsletter.
To apply for this job please visit atalent.fi.